Saturday 9 April 2016

Patrice Evra intends to play for another six years for France

Former Manchester United defender Patrice Evra is determined to play to the age of 40 and insists he will not quit international football after Euro 2016.
Evra, 34, has played 71 times for France and is the nation's first choice left-back going into this
summer's European Championships in his homeland.
He says he wants to carry on playing for club and country for another six years, citing former Old Trafford team-mate Ryan Giggs as an example of someone he aspires to emulate.
"I will leave 'Les Bleus' when they have no more need of me," he told L'Equipe. "So long as I'm still playing football, I want to play for France too. I want to remain at the top level.
"My models are Javier Zanetti, Ryan Giggs and Paolo Maldini. They all stopped at 40. So as long as I have the legs, I'll keep running," he said.

Posted by Admin at 10:58 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment